Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daddy Daughter Date--Spring 2011




Once again, dear followers, there is no typo on the date. Just go with me on this, okay? Last Spring we had a Daddy Daughter Date for the Activity Day girls and their fathers. Since Audrey and Lucy were the daughters of the organizers, they got to go on a date with their dads as well! I didn't want to be date-less, so I asked my own "daddy" to be my date. He still has the moves, and was a very good sport to come with me. I didn't make him participate in the relay game, however. That was for the best since Jon is such a stiff competitor. He probably would have tripped one of us just to get ahead (notice the picture with everyone lined up along the stage and you will see what I mean!) The relay consisted of the girls tying a tie on their father/grandfather and the fathers painting the girls' nails and making a braid in their hair. The funnest part of the night was, in my opinion, the dancing. It was a fun and unique experience to see these dads get "down" and sometimes down-right goofy with their daughters.

Audrey and "Opa in Idaho"

Audrey with her date, Jon (dad)

Dinner table with Kate and Bill Hosack

My groovy disco dad!!!

With these girls, it is hard not to have fun!


Ready, set, Kym goes last!

Kam the beautician

Morgan tying grandpa's (Alan's) tie

1 comment: